Tata Power today announced its arm Tata Power Renewable Energy has collaborated with Indian stainless steel manufacturer Viraj Profile to set up a 100 MW captive solar plant. The plant will be developed by Tata Power at Nandgaon at its Nasik site and will supply power to Viraj Profile’s Tarapur plant in Maharashtra.
“With this, Viraj will become one of the first stainless steel long products manufacturing companies in India to use solar energy to run its manufacturing plant. With the commissioning of this plant, Viraj Profile’s dependability on non-renewable power resources will reduce by around 50%. The project is set for commissioning by July 2023,” stated Tata Power..
Tata Power Renewable Energy’s special-purpose vehicle TP Nanded will undertake the construction, operation and maintenance of this captive solar power plant.
The plant is expected to generate about 200 million units of energy and offset approximately 170.43 million kg of CO2 annually.
As per captive generation rules, Tata Power will own 74% of the generation with Viraj Profile owning the remaining 26%.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.