Skip to content


Delhi airport becomes India’s first aviation hub to run on solar, hydropower

Indira Gandhi International Airport (IGIA) in Delhi meets 6% of its electricity requirements from onsite solar plants, and the remaining 94% from hydropower.


Tata Power DDL, Battery Smart partner to set up battery-swapping network for electric vehicles

The Delhi discom has partnered with battery-as-a-service provider Battery Smart to set up battery swap stations for electric two- and three-wheelers across North Delhi.

Portable, space-saving solar towers

Researchers at the Indian Institute of Technology Delhi have developed solar towers that can be moved from one place to another and can generate 20-30% more power while requiring only 50-60% space compared to conventional mounting setups.


NTPC arm tenders 3.5 MW (AC) solar at four airports 

The solar plants are to be set upon the land available at four airport sites in the States of Delhi (2 MW), Madhya Pradesh (0.5 MW+0.5 MW), and Rajasthan (0.5 MW) under net metering.

Magenta to deploy EV charging solutions in Delhi

Magenta, in collaboration with State power discom BSES, will deploy innovative EV charging solutions in the discom’s service area in Delhi. It will undertake the installation, operations and maintenance of EV charging solutions under the ChargeGrid brand.

Delhi Metro to install rooftop solar on depot sheds

Delhi Metro Rail Corporation Ltd (DMRC) has invited bids to set up a cumulative 2 MW of ‘RESCO mode’ rooftop solar capacity on the depot sheds at its various sites. Bidding closes on November 16.

Siemens deploys smart metering technology for Tata Power-DDL customers

Siemens has deployed its EnergyIP meter data management system for over 2,00,000 smart meters in North Delhi, enabling the timely and accurate collection of electricity meter data digitally. The advanced metering infrastructure will pave the way for the deployment of Smart Grids across the country.

NCRTC to use blended renewable energy for its high-speed rail corridor 

The National Capital Region Transport Corporation has signed a memorandum of understanding with the Solar Energy Corporation of India to arrange blended renewable energy, including solar power, for the Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut Corridor.

SJVN ties up with NDMC for sale of 150 MW solar power

The state-owned hydropower producer plans to bid for 1 GW out of 5 GW grid-connected solar capacity tendered under the Central Public Sector Undertaking (CPSU) Scheme. In a pre-bid arrangement, it has tied up with NDMC for the sale of power from its solar projects at an INR 2.44/kWh (US$ 0.033/kWh) tariff for 25 years.

India gets first community energy storage connected to grid

Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited has installed a 150 kW/528 kWh battery energy storage system at Ranibagh Substation in New Delhi. The system will support the utility in managing the peak load, voltage regulation, power factor improvement, frequency regulation, and deviation settlement mechanism at the substation level. Besides, it will provide a power backup of 150 kW for 4 hours duration to preferential consumers in case of a grid outage.


This website uses cookies to anonymously count visitor numbers. To find out more, please see our Data Protection Policy.

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.