NIIFL launches $600 million bilateral India-Japan Fund

Share

National Investment and Infrastructure Fund Ltd (NIIFL), India’s collaborative investment platform for international and Indian investors, anchored by the Government of India, today announced the establishment of its first bilateral fund, the India-Japan Fund, in partnership with Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC).

JBIC is a policy based financial institution wholly owned by the Government of Japan.

The India-Japan Fund will have a target corpus of INR 49 billion ($600 million), with the Government of India contributing 49% and the remaining 51% contributed by JBIC.

The India-Japan Fund will actively invest in India’s environmental preservation sector, including renewable energy, e-mobility businesses, and circular economy sectors such as waste management, and water. Moreover, the Fund also aims to foster collaboration between Indian and Japanese companies across all sectors. JBIC IG Partners (JBIC IG), a subsidiary of JBIC, will support NIIFL in promoting Japanese investments in India to further cement the strong partnership between NIIFL and JBIC in achieving their shared goals.

“This collaboration on energy transition between JBIC and NIIFL follows the memorandum of understanding (MoU) signed in November 2022, which focused on promoting environmental preservation, low carbon emission strategies, and the growth of the Indian economy, and enhancing the cooperative relationship between Indian and Japanese companies. The equity participation of JBIC in the India-Japan Fund aligns with the shared objectives outlined in the MoU,” stated NIIFL.

“NIIFL and JBIC look forward to successfully investing the India-Japan Fund, bringing together the best of Indian and Japanese expertise, resources, and innovation to drive environmental sustainability and foster business collaboration.”

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: editors@pv-magazine.com.

Popular content

VinFast exploring Andhra Pradesh for second EV and battery plant in India
15 July 2024 Pham Sanh Chau, CEO of VinFast India, recently met with N. Chandrababu Naidu, chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, and proposed an investment of INR 4,00...