Growatt nearing 1 GW of solar inverter shipments in India this year


Chinese inverter manufacturer Growatt New Energy, which supplied about 600 megawatts of inverters in the Indian market in 2020, has already surpassed that figure (600 MW) within the first three quarters of 2021. The company expects to hit 1 GW of annual shipments to India in 2021.

“We are on way to achieve around 1 GW of shipments to India this year by end of December. Out of this 1 GW, 60% shall be from residential rooftop solar and the remaining 40% from commercial and utility,” Shantanu Sirsath, technical head-India, Growatt New Energy told pv magazine.

Growatt has started targeting the utility segment also, in addition to the commercial and residential. “We have come up with 250 and 253 kW inverters with 12 and 15 numbers of MPPTs, respectively. Our 253 kW variant is the only known inverter in its segment with the highest number of MPPTs,” said Sirsath.

For C&I sector, Growatt has launched 100 kW and 125 kW inverters, with 10 number of MPPTs each. The highest input current is 32 amperes per MPPT.

Growatt will be targeting offgrid sector too with the launch of hybrid as well as offgrid inverters in 2022.

Also, next year onwards, Growatt shall come up with EV chargers for the Indian market. It has already launched EV chargers in the Chinese market.

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: