Suzlon partners with CLP for 70 MW solar capacity in Maharashtra


This joint venture marks foreign investor, CLP India’s second solar project with Suzlon, after a 100 MW project at Veltoor in Telangana. As per the agreement, CLP India will acquire a 49% stake in Gale Solarfarms and Tornado Solarfarms—two special purpose vehicles set up by Suzlon. It has the option to acquire the remaining 51% stake in the future.

Suzlon will provide comprehensive operation and maintenance services for the projects, which have already been commissioned.

Commenting on the development, Rajiv Mishra, managing director, CLP India said, “We are committed to expanding our renewable energy portfolio on the back of supportive government policies. With wind energy, we have been able to grow our footprint to almost 1000 MW, and we are confident of steadily building on our solar energy footprint. We already have two wind energy projects in Maharashtra and we are happy to add another two solar projects here.”

With expertise now both in wind and solar, Suzlon is progressively working towards harnessing the emerging opportunities in wind-solar hybrid, which is gaining traction in India with around 5 GW of bid pipeline already sanctioned.

Recently, Suzlon and CLP India’s 100 MW Veltoor project in Telangana was awarded the world’s first quality certificate for photovoltaic (PV) power plants. The certification from DNV GL confirms all relevant safety features required of a solar park, and demonstrates technical compliance of the project with the globally recognized standards.

The certification process encompassed an overall evaluation of the asset with an in-depth review of the design basis, design, grid code compliance, manufacturing process, transport and installation, commissioning and optionally in-service phases.

This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: