Larsen & Toubro (L&T) has bagged the order to establish Sudair Solar PV Project in Saudi Arabia amounting to 1.5 GW capacity. The renewables arm of L&T’s Power Transmission & Distribution Business has signed the EPC contract with the Consortium of ACWA Power and the Water and Electricity Holding Company, a subsidiary of Saudi Arabia’s Public Investments Fund (PIF).
This project is the largest solar plant in Saudi Arabia with a power purchase agreement signed. It is also one of the largest such plants in the world.
The project is coming up in Riyadh Province and has a 30.8 square kilometre land parcel available to install a total capacity of 1.5GW PV solar modules with associated single-axial tracker and inverters.
Sudair Solar PV Project is awarded to PIF and its partner ACWA Power as part of Saudi Arabia’s National Renewable Energy Program (NREP). The project is part of the 70% of the target capacity of 58.7 GW of the Kingdom assigned to Public Investment Fund (PIF), while Renewable Energy Project Development Office (REPDO) would undertake competitive tendering for the remaining 30%, as announced by the Ministry of Energy in 2019.
L&T has been building efficient power transmission and distribution networks with modern substations and transmission lines in the region for more than two decades. The latest award is yet another recognition of its capabilities to construct mega projects to speed and scale.
L&T has over 2.1 GW of utility-scale solar projects commissioned and is also operating and maintaining several of them. The company has a diversified renewable portfolio of 32 MW floating solar power plants, 135 MWh of battery energy storage projects, 500 microgrids, and 14,000 solar water pumps. It is also working on potential solutions related to green hydrogen and carbon capture and storage technologies.
This content is protected by copyright and may not be reused. If you want to cooperate with us and would like to reuse some of our content, please contact: email@example.com.
My name Raghavendra from Karnataka canal project prepering plz help me
By submitting this form you agree to pv magazine using your data for the purposes of publishing your comment.
Your personal data will only be disclosed or otherwise transmitted to third parties for the purposes of spam filtering or if this is necessary for technical maintenance of the website. Any other transfer to third parties will not take place unless this is justified on the basis of applicable data protection regulations or if pv magazine is legally obliged to do so.
You may revoke this consent at any time with effect for the future, in which case your personal data will be deleted immediately. Otherwise, your data will be deleted if pv magazine has processed your request or the purpose of data storage is fulfilled.
Further information on data privacy can be found in our Data Protection Policy.